Why did we go?
- To gain a little bit of insight and appreciation for what the pioneers went through as they migrated to the west, seeking freedom from persecution.
- Walking in the sun for 3 days, in 95+ weather, with no shade, is more difficult than we ever imagined.
- We can't do it alone. We came to rely and count on all the members of our company.
- We are not alone. The blessings of our Heavenly Father were evident as we struggled along the trail.
- We are eternally grateful for the sacrifices of those that went before. They had to have been a rugged, dedicated and determined people to endure, persevere and press forward.
- There was fun to be had. But, the trek was a lot of work, hard work. We were all exhausted at the end.
Was it worth it?