Sunday, July 27, 2008

Closing of a Chapter

This week the Stake Presidency extended a release to our Bishopric.

For five years I have sat at the right hand of a faithful Bishop, attempting to be of assistance to the man with the awesome mantle. I count it a privelege to have served with Bishop Glazier and to have rubbed shoulders with some great men as we served. I marveled at Bishop's dedication, his perseverance, and willingness to sacrifice his time and talents.

Although there is a sense of relief that comes with the release, there are also many mixed emotions that accompany this change. I will miss the constant spiritual nourishment and bouying of my spirit that comes with service at that level. I will miss the interactions with the membership in that capacity. I am sure that there are other voids that come with this change that may not be immediately apparent as well. I look forward to sitting in church with my family once again. It seems like a long time since we have been able to do so.

My regards and best wishes go out to our new Bishopric. I sustain and support them in their new callings. I appreciate the daunting task that lay ahead for them. These are great men.

As with all seasons of our life, as one ends, another begins. I am anxious about how this one will play out. Whatever is in store, I hope it will be as fulfilling as the last.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY! I love it, it is SOOO wierd that we have a new bishoprich, i was just barely getting used to our old one!

Kristen Moss said...

Why dont you ever comment on my blog???


And why dont you post anymore???


Im coming home!!!